We are Misti and Colin, aka Bohemia.
We are photographers based in Playa del Carmen, Mexico - but born and raised in The United States.
Long Story, short…here's what we love:
Long story, longer...
Colin and Misti met in middle school, and have been together since they were 17 years old. Their love for each other combined with their love of arts and travel led them to live in the beautiful Mayan Riviera of Mexico. Colin and Misti have always chosen artistic fields to work in. Colin is an artist and musician and Misti is a published author and former interior designer, whose high-profile projects included the Dallas Cowboys Stadium and the Wynn Casino in Las Vegas. Starting as a few photography classes, then working for their photography teacher- photography went from a fun obsession to a serious passion. They found photography was the perfect fit for them and something they enjoyed doing together. After over 7 years of experience in the photography industry, Misti and Colin continue to grow Bohemia Photography; the perfect marriage of sharing their enthusiasm with each other and with their clients. They have been internationally published in the top wedding sources in the world including Style Me Pretty, PopSugar, The Knot and several more.
Thank you to Taylor Kinzie for taking our new bio photos.
And Here's Why We Are Different:
- We are confident that we offer the best service in the wedding industry. It sounds cliché, but your happiness really is the most important thing to us.
- We edit all our photos ourselves, and we do it right. We take out distracting elements from the background whenever possible (and within reason) and we do NOT charge extra for this. So if a guy in a speedo decides to set-up shop behind your wedding alter, no worries - we got you covered. Get a wedding day zit? No problem, we'll zap it away like it was never even there. We have pride in our work and we want to deliver the best.
- We choose which photos are best suited for black and white, and we make a duplicate of it. That means you also get the color versions of your black and white images. We do not charge extra for this.
- Have an idea for a photo you want? Tell us, we want to work with your ideas too! We want you to get everything you want on your wedding day (see #1).
- We take a mix of candid and posed shots. We love capturing the sweets moments that happen naturally throughout the day. We also know how to pose the human body so that we make sure we capture you at your finest. Posing needs to feel simple, fun and even candid. We don't want you to feel stiff, staged and "posed-looking".
- We love photographing the out of the ordinary, the adventurous and the unexpected with an artistic aesthetic.
- The price is what you see. There's no hidden travel fees, taxes, credit card fees, shipping costs and no additional fees for editing out background distractions or black and white images.
- You'll be able to see and download your wedding photos in 4-6 weeks, but sooner during low seasons.
- We are passionate about what we do, we love photography but most importantly we love people.
- How do we get the best party pics? We get out on the dance floor with you! You can't really capture the party from the sidelines.
Now seeking: Brides and grooms that are ready to let go, have fun and are willing to have the beautiful, the emotional, the crazy, and the joyful captured on their wedding day!